Welcome to our Mustang Blog page

Welcome! I have created this page so that I can keep you updated with scores, schedules, stats, pictures, commentary and anything else that comes up about our team. Hopefully the parents and kids can enjoy visiting!



Friday, December 31, 2010

Mustangs Hold On (Barely) For 35-29 OT Win Over Fairfield

I'm not quite sure how to explain what happened Thursday night in Blue Ash but I do know that it was amazing. After being up 12-2 at the end of the first quarter, and up 22-4 at one point in the second quarter I was sitting there thinking what we needed to do so that the game didn't turn into embarrassing blow out to the other team.

Should I tell them to lay off and not try to score every time? Well, it turns out that I didn't need any of that. I just needed Fairfield to start throwing up long shots and having almost every one fall in for a bucket. I also needed our team to start traveling and making bad passes almost every time down the court! A long 3 pointer at the buzzer made the score 24-9 at half. Fairfield kept chucking them in the 3rd quarter and outscored us 10-3 to make the score 25-19 starting the fourth. They also owned the 4th quarter beating us 10-4 (including a 3 point bank shot with about 1 minute left) to tie it at 29. All this with Jack and Adam playing with 4 fouls each for most of the 4th quarter and OT.
Fortunately we owned the overtime! A great opening tip from Jack to Adam started the OT scoring and we never looked back....phew! That one would have really hurt to lose!
Hopefully that will be a lesson learned for the players and coaches. We can't let up and think we have a game won!
Rohan was back from being sick earlier in the week and really showed up ready to play. Rohan had 7 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and a steal. Adam led the scoring with 14 points. He also had 5 rebounds, 4 steals and 2 assists. Patrick tied his season high for points with 8. He also had 3 steals and 1 rebound. Jack had 6 points, 11 rebounds, 1 steal, and 4 assists. Max helped out with 3 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 assist.
We play in the final on Sunday at 3:00 PM at Glen Este High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment