Welcome to our Mustang Blog page

Welcome! I have created this page so that I can keep you updated with scores, schedules, stats, pictures, commentary and anything else that comes up about our team. Hopefully the parents and kids can enjoy visiting!



Monday, December 5, 2011

And Off We Go...

Well first off, I have some apologies to get out of the way before I report on our first game.  My first apology is concerning how long it took for my first update of  the season. Second apology is concerning the ever changing practice schedule. As of now we are still set for Thursday nights from 7:15-8:45 at MMS. This will be set throughout the season although we may get another practice once every 2-3 weeks. I will let you know when/if this happens. And the final apology is for the incomplete mug shot of a team picture that you see above. Alex and Elliott are missing and I didn't get a chance to take any game photos - but those new uniforms sure look good!
As most of you have figured out by now we have two new players this year. Chet Dobson and Alec Redmann have joined our team and Rohan has moved on. Let's wish Rohan luck on his new team and be sure to welcome Chet and Alec aboard if you get a chance.
The Mustangs started out the season Saturday in mid season form. Even with very limited practice time, the Mustangs came out smoking (is that PC for a kids blog?).  A relentless full court press gave the Mustangs a 16-0 lead at the end of the first quarter and a 20-0 lead in the second quarter before Terrace Park finally cracked the scoring column.  They hung on for a 35-22 victory. Chet and Alec both hauled in a rebound and played great defense in their team debut. Alex, Max and Carson all had two points and 2 rebounds for the winning cause.   Patrick drained some nice jump shots while scoring six points and grabbing three rebounds.   Jack's 10 first quarter points were enough to make him the second leading scorer on the day to Adam's 11 points. Jack lead the way with 8 rebounds and Adam added 7 boards.  Home game next week vs New Richmond!       

No comments:

Post a Comment