I am often hesitant to write about Jack's basketball accomplishments but this time I feel it is needed. So please excuse me while I heap the praises on him for this game. He just really played an all around great game on Sunday. He truly was all over the court. He had multiple steals, assists and blocked shots, 14 points and 9 rebounds - all while neutralizing Fairfield's big man in the middle. He even came back into the game after sustaining a shot to his....uh...nether regions. Great game Jack, very proud of you.Jack certainly wasn't alone in his great play. Every single player played their hearts out. Their hard work is really paying off. Patrick's great hustle on the press got him 8 first quarter points as we built an 18-2 first quarter lead. The Mustangs cruised into halftime with a 24-10 edge and then held on for the 36-30 victory. Adam was third in points with 6 points and also pulled down 2 rebounds. And how about Alex? Alex always seems to make big baskets in big games. Alex chimed in with 4 points and 2 rebounds. Rohan and Max both added 2 points and 1 rebound. Carson did his usual lunch pail type day - not huge stats but just showed up to work, did his job, and was once again a huge contributor to our success. Elliott played some great defense in his limited court time.
So now we move on to the next round. We will play Sycamore (yes, the team that beat us by 4 in December) at 4:00 on Saturday. How about some payback?!
I agree, Jack did an amazing job. I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy the blog and I think it is great that you take the time to put these post together!!!
ReplyDeleteBren Miller
Thanks Bren. Always nice to know that someone out there is reading/enjoying the blog!
ReplyDelete