Welcome to our Mustang Blog page

Welcome! I have created this page so that I can keep you updated with scores, schedules, stats, pictures, commentary and anything else that comes up about our team. Hopefully the parents and kids can enjoy visiting!



Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mustangs Keep Rolling with 31-19 Win Over Milford

I know that I'm starting to sound like a broken record but once again, I just have to say what a great game the kids played. Great teamwork. I really think that they are starting to "get it" about playing the zone offense. They get that you have to keep passing the ball around quickly to find the open shot. Early in the year I think they felt like they had to get down the court and put up a shot right away. Now they seem to be taking their time more and finding the right shot. It's really great to see the progress.
The other thing that I keep saying is great defense. We entered the 4th quarter with the score 31-11. That's only giving up 3-1/2 points per quarter! I'll take that any day. Having said that, our man to man defense in the 4th was a little questionable - but we'll work on that!
As for the stats, Jack led with 15 points and 5 rebounds followed by Adam with 14 points and 5 rebounds. Carson had 2 points and and a rebound. Alex had 5 rebounds and Rohan had 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment