Welcome to our Mustang Blog page

Welcome! I have created this page so that I can keep you updated with scores, schedules, stats, pictures, commentary and anything else that comes up about our team. Hopefully the parents and kids can enjoy visiting!



Sunday, February 26, 2012

Adam Leads Stangs to a Thrilling 27-26 Win to End the Regular Season

Sorry about the blurry iphone picture - my photographer was off today
The picture you see above was the story of this game. Not only Adam at the free throw line- but Adam hustling his butt off, Adam stealing the ball, going in for a lay up, getting fouled and then (more often than not) picking himself up off the floor. Adam left it all out there on the court today. I have a strong feeling that Adam will sleep well tonight. I think he was physically and emotionally spent after today's game. What more could you ask for? He refused to let this team lose today. Not only did he score 18 points, he also had 8 rebounds and many steals. No steal was bigger than the one with 7 seconds left. I really thought we were in deep trouble. With Glen Este taking the ball out and only 7 seconds on the clock it didn't look good but there was Adam picking off the Glen Este pass at midcourt and going in for the winning layup with less than 2 seconds on the clock. What a game!
Another bright spot was Max. Max really started to show what he can do offensivley. He had a couple of good drives to the hoop that results in 4 points to go along with his 3 rebounds. Alex pulled down 4 rebounds along with his 2 points. And how about the big man Carson?! Carson had maybe his best rebounding day with 4 boards and 1 point. What a great way to end the regular season. Lets take this mojo and turn it into a great run in the tournament!
Our first game is scheduled for next Saturday at 5:00 at MMS against Loveland BUT...there is a good chance that it will be moved to 3:00 on Saturday. I will let you know more soon.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment